If you are in any doubt about any aspect of the race kit requirements, suitable footwear, etc, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of the race.
Must be worn:
- Vest or Short Sleeve base layer top (NO COTTON)
- Shorts or tights (3/4 tights acceptable)
- Mountain/ Trail running shoes with minimum 3mm tread, e. g. Walsh PB, Salomon Fellraiser, La Sportiva C-lite, Inov-8 X-Talon or Mudclaw.
Must be worn or carried:
- Waterproof jacket with hood and taped seams (water resistant products are not acceptable)
- Waterproof trousers with taped seams (water resistant products are not acceptable)
- Spare Long Sleeved Base Layer Top (NO COTTON).
- Hat, Buff or similar
- Head Torch
- Survival Bag (space blankets are not acceptable)
- Whistle (to be used in case of distress: 6 long blasts on the minute, every minute)
- 200 Calories of emergency food (must be unused at the finish unless you had an emergency, or you will be disqualified)
- GPS and/or Map & Compass.
- First aid kit (minimum contents: bandage, plasters, pain killers but please NO ANTI INFLAMMATORIES [NSAIDS] as these have been known to cause renal failure in race situations)
- Race Vest, Race Pack or Bumbag
- Safety pins x 4 (or other device for attaching race number)
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Helmet for climbing sections
- Via Ferrata type gloves for climbing sections
In addition to the items listed above, we strongly advise you take account of the prevailing weather conditions & dress accordingly. Your kit should be sufficient to keep you warm in the event that you are injured and have to make a long, slow walk back to safety.
The Race Director reserves the right to ask for additional warm clothing (e.g. tights or insulating jacket) to be worn or carried if, in his/her judgment, the weather conditions on race day demand it. You will be informed of any additional requirements at the pre-race safety talk, with a final decision being made 30 minutes before the start.
Please arrive prepared.
Self-sufficiency on the course:
Due to the nature of the terrain, you will need to carry your own food and drink for significant sections of the course. This is in addition to the 200 calories of emergency rations which must be unused at the finish line.