If you are in any doubt about any aspect of the mandatory kit requirements or suitable footwear, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of the race.
Must be worn:
Must be worn or carried:
- Waterproof jacket with hood and taped seams (water resistant products are not acceptable) e.g. RAB Men's Phantom Pull-On Jacket or RAB Women's Kinetic Ultra Jacket
- Waterproof trousers with taped seams (water resistant products are not acceptable) e.g. RAB Phantom Pants
- An Additional Spare Long Sleeved Base Layer Top (NO COTTON)
- Hat, Buff or similar e.g. RAB Transition Windstopper Beanie or RAB Transition Headband
- Gloves e.g. RAB Transition Windstopper Gloves
- Head Torch
- Survival Bag (space blankets are not acceptable)
- Whistle (to be used in case of distress: 6 long blasts on the minute, every minute)
- 200 Calories of emergency food (must be unused at the finish unless you had a real emergency)
- GPS [GPS watch device is acceptable] and/or Map** & Compass [**Race Map is supplied at registration and must be carried]
- First aid kit (minimum contents: triangular bandage, roller bandage, roll of tape, safety pins (Please note: If carrying pain killers, please do not use ANTI INFLAMMATORIES [NSAID's] as these have been known to cause renal failure in race situation)
- Race Vest, Race Pack or Race Waist Pack
- Safety pins x 4 (or other device for attaching race number)
- Helmet for climbing sections
- Via Ferrata type gloves for climbing sections
In addition to the items listed above, we strongly advise you take account of the prevailing weather conditions & dress accordingly. Your kit should be sufficient to keep you warm in the event that you are injured and have to make a long, slow walk back to safety.
The Race Director reserves the right to ask for additional warm clothing (e.g. tights or insulating jacket) to be worn or carried if, in his judgment, the weather conditions on race day demand it. You will be informed of any additional requirements at the pre-race safety talk, with a final decision being made 30 minutes before the start.
PLEASE ARRIVE PREPARED.
Self-sufficiency on the course:
Due to the nature of the terrain and the course, there is NO supplied food aid station on the Pinnacle Ridge Extreme.
You MUST carry whatever food and drink you feel that you will need to complete the route safely.
Please note that this is in addition to your 200 calories of emergency rations, which must be unused at the finish line.