Scafell Sky Race™ 2018
40km with 3000m ascent | 15 July 2018 | Ambleside | £80
“The Scafell Sky Race is the most technical race I've ever done ... even tougher than Tromso! Emelie Forsberg would love it!" Lucy Bartholomew, 2017.
40km of mountain terrain and 3000m ascent: Scafell Sky Race is played out on technical, single-track trails from start to finish. It’s a point-to-point Lake District journey that will test the speed and endurance of experienced and aspiring mountain runners.
Scafell Sky Race is the UK National Team qualifying race for the Skyrunning World Championships 2018.
“No other race has ever made me whoop and grin so much ... beautifully technical and full
of great little route-choice surprises” Lianna B, 2017
40km of technical singletrack and scree make this a classic skyrunning route to be reckoned with. Running from Seatoller in Borrowdale to the heart of Ambleside, you’ll summit England’s highest mountain and traverse some of the most challenging trails in the central Lake District.
With sections of scree and light scrambling thrown in, Scafell Sky Race is a serious test of nerve, skill and endurance. Entries are not vetted, but to take on this challenge you should be confident moving solo across technical mountain terrain.
The fastest runners will cross the finish line in under five hours. Realistic cut-off times mean that our final finishers have up to nine hours to make it back to race base, where you’ll be welcomed with a hearty finisher’s meal and your own bottle of limited edition Scafell Sky Race Cowmire Hall cider.
Enter now on SI Entries. Included in your entry fee:
- Fully marked course
- A Skyrunning UK accredited event with National Series points at stake
- An opportunity to qualify for the Skyrunning UK National Team for the Skyrunning World Championships 2018
- Tech running vest for every runner (mens & women’s styles & sizing available)
- Race tattoo to keep tabs on your progress
- One fully-supplied feed station (CP5, Old Dungeon Ghyll) and nine manned checkpoints
- Post-race meal (vegan & carnivore options)
- A finishers’ bottle of limited edition Scafell Sky Race Cowmire Hall Cider
- Open Tracking GPS Tracker
- Electronic timing & safety checkpoints from SI Entries
- A professional Safety Officer and supporting team
- A professionally planned event delivered by an experienced team
- A great day out in the mountains with hard-to-earn adrenaline and endorphins ...
Optional extras are available via SI Entries:
- Self catering accommodation at Race HQ on the University of Cumbria's Ambleside Campus (from £30 pp)
- Scafell Sky Race buff (£6)
- Branded cowbell for your support team (£6 each)
- Hot meal at registration on Saturday evening – carnivore and vegan options available (£10)
- Post-race massage by KW Bodyworks (£15, with 25% donated to Ambleside MRT)