We are delighted to be offering this unique and beautiful 3km 'Fun Run' in partnership with the National Trust.
Start at the Stickle Barn, head directly across the 'main NT carpark' to enter the fields that lead to the Old Dungeon Ghyll pub at the head of the valley via a very well marked route. From the ODG there is a very short road section before entering the NT Great Langdale Campsite. On entering here, turn right and follow the marked route onto the side-fields of Side Pike following the permissive path back to the Cumbria Way and Side House. Here you turn left on the marked route and follow the large track/road across the valley for a very well marshalled 'road crossing' and back into the NT Carpark and your GLORY finish!
What you get:
- 3km of fully marked trails and footpaths with 'Fun Signs'
- 3km of marshals in all the right places
- Some hidden secrets for the kids to find (not sweets!! - think animals)
- Professional Events Team delivering the Fun Run
- An awesome run around the valley of Great Langdale
- Free photo's from the event
- Music in the evening and night to chill out and relax to
- Great kids activities for the whole family
Key dates and Timings:
- Date: 18 October 2020
- Registration: 12:00 to 13:15
- Race Start: 13:30
- First finishers: 14:00
- Course closes: 16:00
You must be at least 12 years old as of 'the date of the race' to enter Langdale 4km Fun Race.
If you are under 12, you will need to run with an adult.
Entries are via SI Entries and are not vetted: however, Langdale 4km Fun Run is testing underfoot in some places, so please be aware.
By entering the race, you are attesting your, and any dependants you may have with you, competence to complete the course.
Health and wellbeing
- You must be confident of your own (or dependants) ability to enter and complete the race.
- You must be fit, and in good health on race day.
- You must take responsibility for yourself, and fellow racers, during the race.
Safety on the course
- You must follow the countryside code, especially in relation to shutting gates. It is strictly forbidden to climb any walls or fences.
- You must stay on the fully way-marked course.
- You must stay with your child when you are acting as their parent/guardian
- You must follow the race route, as dictated by the Race Director or any race officials or course marshals.
- The Race Director reserves the right to cancel the race in extreme circumstances.
Running with dogs
- We regret to say that you will not be able to run with your dog as Great Langdale is a fully 'farmed' valley and we cannot have dogs running on the course due to sheep and the possibility of 'sheep worrying'
Lake District Sky Trails is a trading name of LDST Ltd.